Download saved to the memory card / storage / extSdCard / ClockworkMod /. Always be careful with custom ROM’s because you can accidentally brick your device, so make sure to learn the instructions twice to avoid mistakes. The stock boot image is typically required by users who want to root their phones without TWRP recovery. It must be patched using the Magisk Manager app on your Android smartphone. You may then root your device by flashing the modified boot image file with the Fastboot command.
- With these solutions above, you will be able to reinstall Android OS on your Android device to get your device updated with the latest version.
- For your sake, I have cherry-picked the best custom ROMs for Android above.
- Furthermore, the SP Flash Tool can also be used to flash custom binaries, such as the Magisk-patched boot image for rooting the device.
- If you ever need to restore from a previous backup, it’s simple.
- You can download any similar app of your choice, but I would always recommend to use this.
Titanium Backup is available for free in the Play Store on rooted Android devices, and it is an application that requires a rooted device. Titanium Backup users may be restricted from taking the backup if Titanium Backup requires root access. We’ll go over the next step in our tutorial, which will be to recommend an app to backup your Android device without rooting it. Nandroid Backup, as a standard directory image, allows you to backup your Android device’s mirror image. There are a few ways to backup your android system image. One way is to use the Android Debug Bridge (adb) tool that is included in the Android SDK.
Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide. In this guide, we will show you the steps to restore Nothing Phone 1 from Custom ROM to Stock. The device from a relatively newer player in the market had created quite an unprecedented hype when it was first launched. While that hype has slowly settled down, however, we cannot deny the fact that this device is quite an active player in custom development. In my experience with this ROM, the battery life was just the same as the stock ROM, but I was able to customize a few things here and there. To put it into better words, think of LineageOS, but with added features and tweaks. Not to mention, the huge list of device support– both new and old.
- If you installed a custom ROM and you don’t like it, or it has issues, just download a new ROM and repeat the installation process.
- If TWRP asks if you want to root your phone https://orderezy.com.au/optimize-your-samsung-s7-performance-with-latest/, choose “Do Not Install”.
- That led him to Gadget Hacks, where Stephen got to write educational and informative pieces for Android smartphones.
- Boot back into TWRP, and tap the “Restore” button on the home screen.
At last, if nothing works, then you must consider reinstalling the OS to make your device run flawlessly. If you follow this post,it will be easy for you to face loss,theft or other situations.